TAG | Braces
Malocclusion is more commonly known as crowded teeth, cross bite, overbite, under bite, or open bite. It is simply the misalignment of teeth. It is a common problem seen in most people at least to some degree.
How to identify Malocclusion
Even though most people do not have perfect alignment of their teeth, for some, the misalignment causes other more noticeable problems. A dentist should be consulted if any of the following symptoms occur together with poor alignment of teeth, in order to effect a proper diagnosis and treatment of Malocclusion.
▪ pain arising from pressure to the jaw
▪ problems in speech and ability to eat
▪ breathing through the mouth
▪ difficulty in keeping the lips closed
Types of Malocclusion
In 1899, Edward Angel identified three different categories of Malocclusion:
▪ Class I Malocclusion : This is the more widespread type of Malocclusion. In this type, the first molars are normal. However the other teeth are affected by problems in spacing, crowding, and over/ under eruption.
▪ Class II Malocclusion : In this type of Malocclusion the upper molars significantly overlap the bottom teeth.
▪ Class III Malocclusion : This is the inverse of class II where the lower jaw protrudes more than the upper, causing the bottom front teeth to overlap the upper ones
Causes of Malocclusion
Malocclusion can either be inherited from parents or acquired through bad habits:
Inherited Malocclusion : This is mostly the case. This type of Malocclusion is evident in there being less or more teeth, or space between the teeth, than appropriate. It is caused by irregular jaw size or shape or by unusual formations like cleft palates.
Acquired Malocclusion : A major cause of acquired Malocclusion is bad habits. The bad habits that children mostly succumb to, such as thumb/ finger sucking or tongue thrusting, are causes of Malocclusion. As such, monitoring of such bad habits by the parents and controlling the same can easily prevent this type of Malocclusion occurring.
Treatment of Malocclusion
▪ Use of Braces
▪ Malocclusion is commonly treated by using dental braces. The constant and gently pressure provided by braces will enable teeth straightening and help push teeth back to their correct position. Braces consist of brackets that are fixed to the teeth, and wires that connect the brackets. Since the braces cannot be removed, extra attention should be paid in keeping the teeth clean and getting rid of food particles that are likely to get stuck in the braces.
▪ Removal of teeth
▪ This will help in instances of overcrowding, where it would make room for the other teeth to move to the correct position.
▪ Reshaping, and bonding or capping teeth
▪ This will treat rough or irregular teeth removing resistance in forming a proper bite.
▪ Surgery : Requirement of surgery is rare. Surgery can be used to reshape the jaw or to stabilize the jawbone through wires, plates or screws where required. Malocclusion can be treated in the majority of cases. Consulting a dentist early when Malocclusion is suspected can ensure the proper and effective treatment, which would help in maintaining proper dental health.
best dentist · Braces · Chicago · cosmetic dentist · denatal implants · dental implants · dentist · dentist in naperville · dentistry · Dentists · dentures · Fund Raiser · guided dental · implants · Malocclusion of Teeth · naperville · Naperville cosmetic dentist · naperville impl · oral healthcare · Orthodontists · teeth · veneers
Naperville Magazine is conducting their third annual “Best of Naperville Magazine Awards” You vote, You decide, and they will publish the winners in the August 2011 issue. There are forty categories to vote for, covering everything from best burger to best dentist. Remember, you choose the winner! Each person is able to cast 10 votes.
If you LOVE your dentist/orthodontist
- Log on to www.napervillemagazine.com
- In the upper right corner click – “Click here to vote”
- In the bottom left of the next screen click “Click here to login or register”
- Login OR Click “Create new account”
- You will be asked to create your own personal UserName and Password
- Enter username, email address, and password then click on “Create New Account”
- On next screen Click “Click here to vote”
- All 40 categories will list
- Go to Best Dentist/Practice and TYPE: Naperville Dental/Innovative Orthodontics
- Click on Submit
- Vote 10 times
THANK YOU for your support!!!
Also, congratulations to Naperville Magazine! The Tribune company has acquired the magazine which is great for them and area businesses!!! Way To GO!
awards · best dentist · best of Naperville awards · Braces · Chicago · Cosmetic Dentistry · dentist · dentist in naperville · Dentists · dentures · Downtown Naperville · guided dental · gums · implants · Main Street · naperville impl · naperville implants · Naperville Mag bought by Trbune · Naperville Magazine · naperville veneers · oral healthcare · Pediatric Dentists · plainfield orthodontist · teeth · welcome
Learn More about Dental Implants! This Gladwell Video is Educational and very informative. We hope you enjoy it!!! Call us if you have any questions at all – or if you are viewing this and are not local, call your local trusted prosthodontist or family dentist!
55 S Main St #251
Downtown Naperville, Illinois
Anthony LaVacca · Braces · Chicago Dentists · cosmetic dentist · dental implants · dentist · Dentists · implants · naperville · naperville dental implants · naperville dentists · naperville veneers · veneers
awards · best dentist · Braces · Chicago · cosmetic dentist · Cosmetic Dentistry · denatal implants · dental implants · dentist · dentist in naperville · implants · Main Street · naperville · naperville dentist · naperville impl · naperville implants · orthodontist · Orthodontists · prosthodontist · veneers
(You can click on the image for a downloadable pdf)
It’s going to be great – good food, shopping, refreshments, chocolate…
Don’t miss it!
Also, here’s a link to our latest offer in our google business center! : CLICK HERE
55. South Main St. Suite 241, Naperville, IL 60540 (630) 848-2010
Wow ~ What a great day yesterday with all the trick-or-treaters around downtown Naperville! So many people! It was great! We went through all our candy – Everyone had a good time! I was exhausted when the day was over…. So worth it! My family came out – So much fun!
The Main Street Promenade building, which is where our office is located, has a breezeway where we set up balloons and a display table. Dee, who is one of Innovative Ortho’s clinical assistants, was helping pass out balloons with the NDS staff and the Official Blackhawks team mascot, Tommy Hawk.
There was this one adorable little boy who kept trying to feed Tommy. The candy kept falling out of his beak. That little boy would laugh and laugh – one of those great toddler giggles! The laughter was contagious – everyone laughed, it was so cute.
And if you ever have any questions about your teeth in general, or about braces, just ask… Give a call or send an email! We Are Here For You!